What makes Core Temp unique is the way it works. It is capable of displaying a temperature of each individual core of every processor in your system!You can see temperature fluctuations in real time with varying workloads. Core Temp is also motherboard agnostic. All major processor manufacturers have implemented a "DTS" (Digital Thermal Sensor) in their products. The DTS provides more accurate and higher resolution temperature readings than conventional onboard thermal sensors. (How does it work?).This feature is supported by all recent x86 processors. Processors by Intel, AMD and VIA are supported. A complete list of supported processors is available.Core Temp is easy to use, while also enabling a high level of customization and expandability.Core Temp provides a platform for plug-ins, which allows developers to add new features and extend its functionality. You can find our plug-ins and add-ons here.
- Core Temp Mobile is now available, an Android app to monitor your machines from anywhere in the world! More information can be found here.
- Multilingual interface. Core Temp now natively supports adding non-English languages.
- Plugin system - 3rd party developers can now create plugins and extensions for Core Temp, both native code and .Net is supported, please see this for more information.
- Added support for Intel Pentium and AMD K5 and newer processors. (detection only, Temperature by Acpi Thermalzones)
- Added support for VIA processors. (C3 - detection only, Temperature by Acpi Thermalzones)
- Intel Sandy Bridge and AMD Fusion (Brazos, Llano) support.
- Max TDP detection on supporting processors.
- Power consumption on Intel's Nehalem and newer processors.
- All of the user reported bugs and many more unreported problems.
- Optimized the startup code, Core Temp should now launch 2 to 4 times faster.
- Optimized many other aspects of the code, Core Temp should now consume much less CPU time than before.
- Restored support for older OS: Windows XP is now fully supported, Windows 2000 requires security updates KB935839, KB835732 and GDI+. In some cases hotfix KB816542 may be needed as well.