Developer: Splash Damage
Single Player: Yes
Multiplayer: Internet / Yes / LAN
Release Date: October 2007
ESRB Rating: Teen
Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars—Overview
It's finally here. The Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars demo has been released and is available via the mirror listed below. If you haven't been keeping up, you can find out all about the demo in this developer blog. You can also check out our Valley map guide for details on the demo map along with a few tips and tricks.
We have a forum discussion thread open on this release right here.
Important note for ATI users: You must download and install this hotfix in order to be able to run the Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars demo. The next revision of the ATI drivers is going to include the hotfix.
- MISSION-BASED COMBAT: Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars pits teams against each other on a real battlefield, with military-style objectives (e.g. take out a key defense, destroy a target). As a result, everyone always knows where the action is – no more wandering.
- DEEP TEAMWORK: With “asymmetrically-designed” classes (10 in total), each team in Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars provides a unique gameplay experience. The GDF and Strogg are two distinct armies with different strategies and tactics. Players are specifically rewarded for working as a team to accomplish mission objectives.
- INDIVIDUAL ROLE-PLAY: Using class-specific capabilities, players can be the linchpin of an entire operation, building a necessary bridge or infiltrating enemy defenses to enable a decisive missile strike. Players protect and revive each other when injured, so they can complete critical tasks for the team.
- UPGRADEABLE CAPABILITIES AND STATS: Over the course of a multi-mission campaign, players earn experience and promotions, and gain new capabilities to help the team. In addition, stats are globally recorded for players to track their rank and prestige in the Enemy Territory community.
- MEGATEXTURETM TECHNOLOGY: id Software, known for games using cutting-edge technology, has done it again. The revolutionary Megatexture™ technology allows battlefields to extend to thehorizon, with over a square mile of unique terrain at unprecedented detail.