Omegadrive has released a new version of his popular modified driver. These drivers are based on ATI's catalyst drivers 5.11 and they include a customized version of ATI Tray Tools instead of Radlinker.
Go to the ATI Radeon section and take a look at the readme while downloading so you know the latest changes and additions to this set.
What's new for version 2.6.83:
- Based on the Catalyst 5.11 Official drivers.
- New, more advanced installer! Hope you like it.
- Added support for a few more 3rd party ATI cards.
- Individual tweaks for Standard and FireGL cards, that should solve the FireGL problems with OGL.
I did a lot of testing to make sure the new installer works as intended, but it still may have some bugs, so if you find ANY problems with the new installer/uninstaller, please mail me and let me know.
Some of the settings for both D3D & OGL will not be synchronized between ATT and the normal ATI CP, you must only use one of them to make changes, the best option is to use ATT since the ATI CP does not support changes to AI and in order to use the advanced D3D/OGL features. Changes made in ATT will work on games and such but the changes will not be reflected in the normal ATI CP since ATI stores the registry values that the CP reads separate from the actual values in the registry.
Since these drivers include a non-standard version of ATT, I would recommend that if you have any previous version of ATT installed, please uninstall it before installing these drivers, not doing so may cause unknown problems.
What's new for ATI Tray Tools 22.214.171.1240:
- Added option in atitray.ini to enable old I2C control method. Used prior 750 build.
- Added option in atitray.ini to turn on OLD BIOS detection procedure
- Added support for F75363/F75363SG sensors
- Added new option to configure quality of Adaptive AA. You can select from two modes. Performance and Quality.
- Added new option to enable "High Quality AF". Enabling this feature may impact performance. This feature is not supported by all ATI graphics cards. (it seems only R5xx series can handle this feature)
- Added experimental support for Digital Flat Panels and Mobile LCD Panels.
- Fixed error when ATT tries to read clocks and unable to start if clocks equal 0 even if overclocking was disabled.
- Fixed error in Game Profile creating procedure when the game name contains ampersand chars
- Fixed bug with wrong BIOS detection procedure
- Redesigned Direct3D and OpenGL configuration dialog boxes
- Updated TV/Display module. Added experimental support for old Radeon boards (less than 9500)
- Improved ATT shared memory update procedure